[rrd-users] Re: smokeping Fping compile problem

Serge Maandag serge.maandag at staff.zeelandnet.nl
Thu Jun 6 16:47:29 MEST 2002

Save yourself some trouble:
http://www.rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/rhcontrib/7.1/i386/fping-2.4b2-2.i386.
html

Serge.

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Godfrey [mailto:britsg at bristol-city.gov.uk]
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2002 4:39 PM
To: rrd-users at list.ee.ethz.ch
Subject: [rrd-users] smokeping Fping compile problem

I want to run SmokePing on my RedHat Linux 7.3 box, I'm fairly new to
Linux so go gentle!

I've downloaded the Fping package, gone to the directory containing the
source code and typed ./configure but I get the following error

[root at WTLX01 fping-2.4b2_to]# ./configure
: command not found
: No such file or directoryronment is sane... ./configure: 5
'leep: invalid time interval `1
Try `sleep --help' for more information.
: No such file or directory
./configure: line 624: syntax error near unexpected token `&'
./configure: line 624: `      && test "$*" != "X conftestfile
$srcdir/configure"
' then

Obviously it will compile on Linux but how do I get it to compile?

Thanks in advance