[rrd-users] Re: CDEF, RPN and multiple calculations using paranthesis

Gerhard Ecaroh Froehlich gerhard.froehlich at produktion.gis-online.de
Tue Jun 11 15:24:17 MEST 2002

Hi Luc

"Luc Brouard (mailing lists)" wrote:

> > So to follow the tutorial with the stacks:
> >
> > Step: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9| 10|11
> > ---------|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|---|--
> > RPN:  a,b,+,c,-,a,b,+,/,100,*
> >
> > 0     ||
> > 1       |3314928|
> > 2       |3314928|263352|
> > 3       |3314928|263352|+|
> > 4       |3578280|173783|
> > 5       |3578280|173783|-|
> > 6       |3404497|3314928|
> > 7       |3404497|3314928|263352|
> > 8       |3404497|173783|263352|+|     # Processing with 3 in stack?
> > 9       |3667849|437135|/|

What i do not understand is where to change the operational results in the
stack. Where does processing go on line 8? If i put "+" on the stack, which
value is changed by that? Does "+" means (for processing line 8) "263352 +
3667849", ""263352 + 173783" or something else?

                ^--------------^------------ add this ?
                                            /
                v---------------------------  there ?
> > 9       |3667849|437135|/|

I wonder how calculations flow while having multiple values on a stack.

> Why between 8 and 9 the first number changes ? (3404497 to 3667849),

Cause i asumed 3 operand on stack 8 will added to the first one.

> If this works like this then you are right to work around but I think it
> should not be needed.
>
> Luc

I try this now for netappcpu. But unfortantely the results take 10 Minutes to
see for every test. I should write a script to work interactive.

Thanks, maybe you can explain my above question more in detail. Bye till
tomorow, work's over.

	Ecaroh

--
Gerhard Ecaroh Froehlich, Systemadministrator