[rrd-users] Re: www.ntop.org

Serge Maandag serge.maandag at staff.zeelandnet.nl
Tue Jun 11 22:35:02 MEST 2002

That depends on how you're gonna use it.

I wouldn't open up a machine running ntop to the whole wide world, but
mine is accessible from one other station only. That station is mine and
is behind a firewall. Ntop can be a very valuable tool and gives lots of
neatly formatted info. Compare it to searching with tcpdump / ethereal
on a 350+ router network and you'll notice the difference.

If I would stop using every program that ever had an exploit from my
list, I would end up still using c64 basic. Therefore "You don't want to
use ntop" seems a bit brutal to me.

Serge.

p.s. Don't know which exploit it was, but I remember there was one fixed
in the 2.0.99 release.