[rrd-users] Graphing total MBs used in a month

Matt Hyne Matthew.Hyne at cleveland.com.au
Tue Jun 18 13:17:46 MEST 2002

Our ISP charges us based on the number of Mb that we use in a month.  A
certain number are included with the monthly fee and anything over that is
charged extra.

I would like graph the total Mb downloaded (and uploaded) over a 1 month
period (and the billing period starts in the middle of the month).

Before I reinvent the wheel, is anyone else currently doing something like
this ?

Can anyone suggest the best way to do this with rrdtool.

Basically, I need to reset a counter at the beginning of the billing
period, then add the difference in ifInOctets between sampling periods to
build up the total BW used - then graph it.

Matt