[rrd-users] Re: Graphing total MBs used in a month

Iñaki Martínez sistema at euskal-linux.org
Mon Jun 24 11:26:25 MEST 2002

Hi Alex van den Bogaerdt!!!

> > Basically, I need to reset a counter at the beginning of the billing
> > period, then add the difference in ifInOctets between sampling periods to
> > build up the total BW used - then graph it.
>
> Basically, you need to make use of the fact that an average multiplied
> by an amount of time results in the total amount of bytes.
>
> If you create a graph starting at 20020515 ending at start+30d
> this results in an average of 2 MB/s.  If the average is 2 MB/s
> and the amount of seconds is 30*86400 then the amount of MB is
> 30*86400*2.

 OK.... i have this......

  --start -2h
	--end now
	DEF:in=file.rdd:in:AVERAGE
  CDEF:tin=in,7200,*,1024,/
  DEF:out=file.rrd:out:AVERAGE
  CDEF:tout=out,7200,*,1024,/
  AREA:in#00FF00:"In  "
  GPRINT:tin:LAST:"Total\: %9.0lf  "
  GPRINT:in:MAX:"Max\: %9.0lf"
  GPRINT:in:AVERAGE:"  current\: %9.0lf\c"
  LINE2:out#0000FF:"Out  "
  GPRINT:tout:LAST:"Total\: %9.0lf  "
  GPRINT:out:MAX:"Max\: %9.0lf"
  GPRINT:out:AVERAGE:"  current\: %9.0lf\c" >

 But the amount of MB's is no correct.

 Which is the correct CDEF and GPRINT line???

 CDEF:tout=out,7200,*,1024,/

 out = average in bytes
 tout = out * 2 * 60 * 60 / 1024

> >Use rrdtool graph *without* graphing elements but *with* PRINT (not
> >GPRINT) do calculate the average.

 Can you write and example????

> Oh, and read the archives next time.

 in this list archive there is NO info about this topic.

 If you found something PLEASE send me......

 Thanks!!!!