[rrd-users] mrtg-rrd page refreshing

Jay Borkenhagen jayb at braeburn.org
Sun Jun 30 20:06:37 MEST 2002

Hi RRD Users,

I'm switching from pure MRTG to RRDTool/MRTG.  I have been
experimenting with mrtg-rrd as the front-end, and I'm pretty happy
with it except for one thing.

My problem is that after loading a page, it soon refreshes with just
one of the component PNGs.  For instance, after loading

 http://www.linux.cz/stats/mrtg-rrd/eth0.html

within a few minutes my browser refreshes to display only
  http://www.linux.cz/stats/mrtg-rrd/eth0-day.png
or
  http://www.linux.cz/stats/mrtg-rrd/eth0-week.png
or
  http://www.linux.cz/stats/mrtg-rrd/eth0-month.png
or
  http://www.linux.cz/stats/mrtg-rrd/eth0-year.png

Instead, I would like the PNGs to update at appropriate intervals and
be displayed within the eth0.html context, like what plain MRTG would
do.

The above example site belongs to mrtg-rrd's author Jan Kasprzak, so
I'm confident the problem is not unique to my set-up.  I have tried
reaching Jan about this, but I suspect he may be on holiday.

I do sometimes need to watch my MRTG in real time, to make sure that
changes I make result in the desired traffic adjustments, so getting
this fixed is pretty important to me.

Thanks for any help.
						Jay B.

  Jay Borkenhagen     jayb at braeburn.org