[rrd-users] Re: Got SNMP working, but... (Was: SNMP - what do i do wrong?)

Geert van der Ploeg geert at triple-it.nl
Fri Mar 1 09:53:46 MET 2002

> > [snip huge config files]
> >
> > > # Das Target von SNMP Daemon,
> > > # Syntax: Device:Communityname at localhost
> > > Target[eth0]: 5:public at localhost
>
> I changed the 5 to a 1, yes i want eth0 ;)
>
> i still get:
>
> SNMP Error:
> Received SNMP response with error code
>   error status: noSuchName
>   index 1 (OID: 1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.10.1)
>
> Someone told me to put a dot in fron of the OID, but i dont have such a
OID
> Number in my configs, so what do i do now? ;D

MRTG should translate the Interface index (1) to a complete OID, that is:
.1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.10.1

(mention the dot in front of the thing)

You should not have to worry about this, it looks like an internal problem
for MRTG.

Eh guys.. is it now time to ask spiekey for his MRTG version?
Or do I just not see something...

gr.
Geert