[rrd-users] price graphing..

Michael Hostbaek mich at bomb.dk
Tue Mar 5 12:40:38 MET 2002

Hi,

I have been messing around with rrdtool the last few days, and I am at a
loss. I hope, this list can shred some light over my situation.

In my Oracle DB, I have some prices on, let's say P4 CPU's.. Let's make
up some prices:

184
175
177.65
185.15
193
160

Now, I would like to make an rrd that I could feedthis information to
every 5 hour, and I would like to be able (every 5 hour) to create a
graph, that will show me the following three lines:

minimum price
maximum price
average price

Furthermore, I'd like a graph for the last 24 hours, and one week graph,
and a month graph.

I am at a loss, when creating the rrd - I am messing around with DERICE
and GAUGE.. the RRA completely confuses me, what should be used with
AVERAGE, MAX and MIN ? What are the values ?

Any help would be greatly apprciated.. I have already read the tutorial
by Alex (several times) but I do not seem to com closer to an solution.

Thanks..

--
Best Regards,
	Michael Landin Hostbaek