[rrd-users] Quick graphing question

Johnny.LEON at us.socgen.com Johnny.LEON at us.socgen.com
Wed Mar 6 19:27:31 MET 2002

Below is what I have to produce my graph. I just added the line CDEF: result so
that I wanted to make sure that I do not graph over the MAX. However, that new
line I added produced an error. If I remove that new line and replace the AREA:
result back to AREA:inbps, it produces the graph. Can someone tell me what is
wrong with the new CDEF I added? It looks ok to me, maybe I'm missing something.
Basically, I dont want it to graph any points over 1.4M. Thanks in advance!

Rrd::graph - \
   --title=$Title \
   --start=$Start \
   --height=70 \
   --width=225 \
   --end=$End \
   --vertical-label=$VerticalLabel \
   --imgformat=PNG\
   DEF:inoctets=$device.rrd:$DS_one:AVERAGE \
   DEF:outoctets=$device.rrd:$DS_two:AVERAGE \
   CDEF:inbps=inoctets,8,* \
   CDEF:outbps=outoctets,8,* \
  CDEF:result=inbps,1400000,GT,1400000,inbps,IF \
   AREA:result#00FF00:$Label1 \
   LINE1:outbps#0000FF:$Label2 \
   HRULE:$CIR_num#FF00FF:$CIR_label \
   COMMENT:$Comment1

Johnny H. Leon

The information contained herein is confidential and is intended solely
for the addressee(s).  It shall not be construed as a recommendation to
buy or sell any security.  Any unauthorized access, use, reproduction,
disclosure or dissemination is prohibited.
Neither SOCIETE GENERALE nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates
shall assume any legal liability or responsibility for any incorrect,
misleading or altered information contained herein.