[rrd-users] Re: Sudden spike in RRD graph

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Thu Mar 7 04:44:34 MET 2002

Not sure why the huge spike, but P is pico (I think), a very small measure.  So any change (even 1 byte) may screw up your scale.

Paul

>>> Tay Chee Yong <tcy at pacific.net.sg> 03/06/02 22:05 PM >>>
Hi all,

I have implemented a large scale RRD plotting on all of my edge routers. I am plotting the rate-limit traffic for my customers, but however, whenever I change the value of the rate-limit (eg. from 1Mbps - 2Mbps), there will be a sudden spike in the RRD graph, like the one shown in the attachment. Can anyone advise why is this happening, and what can I do to resolve this sudden spike?

And what does the 'P' in the graph means?

Hope someone can assist me on this.

Thanks.

Regards,
Cheeyong

-- Type: image/gif
-- Size: 26k (27179 bytes)

-- Err : No filename to use for decode, file stripped.
-- Type: text/plain