[rrd-users] Quick heartbeat, step and update question

Vishal Suri vishal at tsproviders.net
Fri Mar 15 19:32:47 MET 2002

Hi all,

If the heartbeat is 600 and the step time is 300; what happens to the
updates that might show up between the 5 intervals? In other words if the
cron job runs every 5 minutes and was started at 10:02, would the RRD be
updated with this value or does it expect only to be updated at the
intervals such as 10:00, 10:05 and so forth. Any help will be appreciated.

The reason for this question is that even though there is no error being
reported by the update command in the perl script, when I dump the database,
i see none of those values. All i see is the intervals that I mentioned
above and NaN as the value.

Thanks,
Vishal Suri
vishal at tsproviders.net