[rrd-users] updates please help

Gyorgy Zoltan zoli at rworker.com
Tue Mar 19 12:31:42 MET 2002

hi

  I read all the manuals and makes tests, but i cant figure out realy how it
works.
 My question is that: if my update va;ues is set to 5 minutes, and i update
tha database ex 10 times in the 5 min interval, or 1000 times what value will
be isnerted at the end of the 5 mins? what count at the final value..time
that the values were updated??? averages???
I Use GAUGE but still the data isnt the same what i entered and i dont know
why?
i set update interval 5 mins and heartbeat 300 s..

please help

thank you