[rrd-users] Re: mysql backend

Pedro Goncalves pgoncalves at net.telepac.pt
Wed Mar 27 11:10:09 MET 2002

Hello Florin,

I thing you can use both things to meet your graphing needs.

I use a MySQL DB to store netflow information and rrdtool for graphing.

I insert 5 minute data into MySQL and on the rrdtool and also perform some mining queries
based upon MySQL.

The only drawback is on the mining part because its very slow to populate rrd with the
huge amount of data  resulted from MySQL queries.

But i think some XML output + restore trick should bypass that speed "feature".

Pedro Goncalves
Telepac - Comunicacoes Interacativas, SA
Network Planning and Management