[rrd-users] Re: Turning off normalisation in RRD's

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Tue May 14 04:51:31 MEST 2002

Remember that MRTG is designed to rates.  What does
make sense?  140?  141?  Kind of like the average
American (US) couple has 2.3 kids.  I don't know
anyone that has 2.3 kids.  I know more people with 2
than 3, so I guess that's normalization in real life.

I think you can force an RRA to be an INTEGER vs a real
number (mathmatically speaking).  Would that get you
close enough?

Paul

>>> "Adam Clark" <adam.clark at ngv.vic.gov.au> 05/13/02 21:04 PM >>>

I am checking how many leases ona dhcp server are used, and the
normalisation creates
an entry for 1.406666667 e02 leases, or 140.666667 leases. which doesnt make
sense
is there a way to turn off the normalisation?

Adam