[rrd-users] error: not intended for this build of Perl

Rob Ingenthron ringenthron at mfn.com
Sat May 18 03:43:22 MEST 2002

Well, I've serached the archive and I found someone
else asking my question, but no answer to it.

Upon attempting to set up RDDtool:

E:\rrdtool\perl-shared>ppm install rrds.ppd
Installing package 'rrds.ppd'...
Error installing package 'rrds.ppd': Read a PPD
for 'rrds.ppd', but it is not intended for this
build of Perl (MSWin32-x86-multi-thread)

I re-installed Perl just in case... same error.

Can anyone shed light on this? I have been using
MRTG for a long time without problems. I have to
start using RRDtool because another package
requires it.

Thanks.