[rrd-users] graphing two different time-domains on the same plot

Chris Majewski majewski at cs.ubc.ca
Thu May 23 20:28:30 MEST 2002

Folks
I need  to generate a  plot with two  curves. One curve  shows router
traffic on port X for day Y.   Suppose Y is a Monday.  The other curve
then shows router  traffic on port X averaged over  all the Mondays in
some month Z, where Z is chosen by you, the user.
Now, I've already got the rrd's for the data (for how I handle the
monthly averages, see my previous post to this list). The problem
is graphing  it. The crux is that  the first curve has,  in general, a
different time domain (--start and  --end time) than the second curve.
(My monthly data takes on the time domain of the first Monday in month
Z, again assuming  that Y is a  Monday). I guess I could  write an awk
script to generate a copy of  either the daily or monthly data, with a
"transposed"  time domain. But  doing this  on-line is  painfully slow
(over 10 seconds).  Is there some way to time-shift data on-the-fly?

-chris