[rrd-users] Graphing multiple RRA's

Daniel Cooper Daniel.Cooper at citec.com.au
Thu May 30 16:36:46 MEST 2002

Hello,
I am really really new to this.

I have created a RRD which will log my CPU load, using the following command:
	rrdtool create stat-cpu.rrd --step 60 \
		DS:cpuload:GAGUE:90:0:100 \
			RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:1440 \
			RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:7:1440 \
			RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:30:1440 \
			RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:360:1440

And then I run my script witch populates the RRD. That works fine.

It then comes to graphing time.
I run the following command to generate a graph for me:

rrdtool graph cpuload.png DEF:cpu=stat-cpu.rrd:cpuload:AVERAGE AREA:cpu#ff0000:"CPU LOAD"

and that creates a beautiful graph.

However, now I also want to create graphs based on the other RRA's I specified when I created the RRD with: rrdtool create.

Doing the maths, the other graphs should produce a daily graph / weekly / monthly, and yearly graph.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Many thanks,
Daniel