[rrd-users] xff of RRA ?

Cody Lo cody at hkcable.com
Fri May 31 09:58:46 MEST 2002

Hello,

I have RRDTool monitoring for my equipments well, I'm really appreciate
with it. But one thing I don't understand is the the xff of the RRA
while creating it.

xff The xfiles factor defines what part of a consolidation interval may
be made up from *UNKNOWN* data while the consolidated value is still
regarded as known.

In some of the examples, the value of xff is 0.5, which is likely to
mean 5 minutes. But how will it behaves when I have this value set to 0.
1 ? or some other values ? 3 ?

Can someone try explain this ? Sorry for my poor understanding :-(

Thank you very much !

Regards,
Cody
EO/CMS