[rrd-users] Mrtg to RRD - Summary Script

Martin Rheumer martinr at hotkey.net.au
Tue Nov 12 10:48:02 MET 2002

Peeps,

Have a severely hacked script that takes the maximum of a
series of mrtg log files and produces a report ( number of
modems each night ). I am looking at moving to rrdtool
instead of mrtg on this particular box and wondered if anyone
has done the same with rrdtool. The first few lines of the
summary.pl is here and it looks like it started off as the
xlsummary.pl for windows. I am fairly familiar with Perl
scripting if someone has something similar they would like
to pass on.
I remember some discussion of toptalker is this what I am
looking for ?

#! /usr/bin/perl
# xlsummary.pl
#
# Args are:
#       h       help
#       d,w,m   do stats for last day, week or month
#       c       config file (or directory containing config files)
#       l       log file (or directory containing log files)
#       o       show old data (not recently updated)
#               auto-enabled with -c and auto-disabled with -l
#
#       v1.1    17/2/99 Tony Farr

Thanks again
Martin