[rrd-users] Percentage calculation

Ali Gunduz gunduza at meteksan.net.tr
Tue Nov 12 16:04:23 MET 2002

Hello,

I want to calculate percentages of Max,Average, and Current traffic,
i.e. (Current/BW)*100
And put down these values on graphs I'm going to generate. (I don't want
to graph these percentages, I only want to write them down on graphs
with GPRINT).

My current graphs include incoming and outgoing traffic. Below the
graph, I have 2 lines looking like this:

Incoming	Max: 168 Kbps	Avrg: 152 Kbps		Current: 133
Kbps
Outgoing	Max: 101 Kbps	Avrg: 90 Kbps		Current: 92 Kbps

Assume that bandwidth is 256 Kbps. I want to get these
Max/Average/Current values for incoming&outgoing traffic and calculate
the percentages for Max/Average/Current values.

Finally I'm going to put these values on graphs, i.e.:

Incoming	Max: 168 Kbps	Avrg: 152 Kbps		Current: 133
Kbps
Outgoing	Max: 101 Kbps	Avrg: 90 Kbps		Current: 92 Kbps
Incoming %	Max: 66%		Avrg: 59%
Current: 52%
Outgoing %	Max: 39%		Avrg: 35%
Current: 36%

I tried rrdfetch but didn't work for the current value.

'rrdtool fetch x.rrd LAST' command returned 'ERROR: the RRD does not
contain an RRA matching the chosen CF'.

How can I get the current value out of rrd files? Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Ali Gunduz