[rrd-users] Re: How to supress image dimensions

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Mon Nov 18 16:46:10 MET 2002

On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 05:36:40AM -0900, Cliff wrote:

> Everytime I run my shell script to draw
> the graphs, root gets an email whose
> contents are the dimensions of the graph.
> As in:
> 695x272 (in the body of the email).
>
> How can I supress this?

Best is to actually use it.  If not for actually using it on
a dynamically built html page then at least use it to check
the output against obvious errors.

> How does one pipe the output of rrdgraph
> to the null device?

123x123 is on stdout so ONLY redirect stdout.
For sh, bash and alike, and even for windows:
   rrdtool graph ...whatever...  1>/dev/null

Do NOT redirect stderr to /dev/null.  *If* something
fails, you want to know.  Only discard stderr if
you have to work around a known issue.

HTH
Alex