[rrd-users] Re: data fetching from a Cisco 7206VXR with 802.1q interfaces?

Francisco Rivas C francisco.rivas at ifxnw.cl
Mon Nov 18 19:36:27 MET 2002

The data is arriving just like a regular interface (well, that's what
Cisco says).
The only difference with real interfaces, is that the OID for inErrors
and outErrors are not implemented.
The weird thing is that the Outgoing traffic seems to be accurate, but
the Incoming traffic is absolutely wrong.

This are an example of one interface that i'm using, and the values:

ifDescr.6 = "FastEthernet0/0.2-802.1Q vLAN subif"
ifType.6 = 135
ifInOctets.6 = Counter32: 3929009621
ifOutOctets.6 = Counter32: 4239587769