[rrd-users] Re: Multible RRD files on one graph

Mohamed Eldesoky m.eldesoky at tedata.net
Wed Nov 20 12:49:09 MET 2002

I have read about it in the rrdtool tutorial page.
But the problem is, we really have many routers.
And we need to plot totals for different values and not always for those all
routers ( it is a complicated network)
So, if we go with defining the CDEF manually, it will be a headache.
I mean in the CDEF
CDEF: result = value, 0, if doesn't help because I have a varying number of
routers, and changing every few days.
I think changing the newest rrd file by padding extra 0's in the past is the
proper solution for us, but HOW TO determine the proper RRA number and what
is the number of ROWS to add in order to get one year in the past !!!

Regards
Mohamed Eldesoky