[rrd-users] rrdtool update problem

Telmo.G.Reis Telmo.G.Reis at seg-social.pt
Mon Nov 25 17:32:15 MET 2002

Hi,

I'm using rrdtool for a while and while generating some new .rrd's and after
inserting data in the .rrd I get an empty .rrd file.
I want to insert the new data hourly.

this is the sintax of the create command i used

rrdtool create file.rrd --start 943962105 --step 3600
DS:lh:GAUGE:3600:0:50000 RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:24 RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:2:84
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:4:2190

attached is the update syntax and the rrd dump.

can anyone explain the emptyness of the rrd file?

TIA
Telmo Reis
God put me on earth to accomplish a certain number of things.
Right now I'm so far behind I will NEVER DIE!

-- Type: text/plain
-- Size: 168k (172643 bytes)

-- Type: text/plain
-- Size: 3k (3820 bytes)