[rrd-users] Area under graph?

Simon Mullis Simon.Mullis at equinoxsolutions.com
Mon Nov 25 20:20:18 MET 2002

Hello all...

OK, I'm using rrdcgi and have written a few web pages that allow the dynamic
input of the start / end date or time for the graph generation.

My question is quite simply:

How can I calculate the total area under a graph?  In this case I am
interested in the total amount of traffic transferred in a time period.

I have the average, from

GPRINT:<var>:AVERAGE: ....

And I have the time period as a CGI variable.

Can I simply multiply them together to get the total traffic transferred?
Is there a better way to do it?  Is there an undocumented :TOTAL: variable?

Help and Thankyou!

SM

Simon Mullis
Service Development Consultant
simon.mullis at equinoxsolutions.com
Equinox Converged Solutions Ltd
Tel: +44(0)1252 405 600
Mob: +44(0)7766 087170
http://www.equinoxsolutions.com

Equinox Converged Solutions Limited.
Tel: +44 (0)1252 405 600
http://www.equinoxsolutions.com

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
This message is intended solely for the use of the Individual or organisation to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or confidential information.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the originator immediately.
If you are not the intended recipient, you should not use, copy, alter, or disclose the contents of this message.  All information or opinions expressed in this message and/or any attachments are those of the author and are not necessarily those of Equinox Converged Solutions Limited.
Equinox Converged Solutions Limited accepts no responsibility  for loss or damage arising from its use, including damage from virus.