[rrd-users] Re: modify RRD db

Stephan Harren sh at abovenet.de
Wed Oct 2 14:16:35 MEST 2002

>  Can you tell me a bit more about that perl script?????

Read the counter from the DB, decrease it by the value you want and put
it into the rrd. Take care that you increase the decrease factor (sounds
funny) with every cycle. Don't you know about perl?

>  Thanks for the tip of NaN.........
>
>  How can i insert a NaN in the rrdtool update time:NaN:NaN...this way????

Yip

>  I have been looking at the counters list and a do NOT see that peak!!!

There is no, you will just have one if you decrease the counters that
you put into your rrd and not use the real ones. When you get back to
inserting the real ones there will be a big difference between your
virtual and the real one. Ugh, is that understandable?

Best regards,

Stephan