[rrd-users] Re: Clipping data with sequences of IFs in a CDEF. Can it be done ?

H. D. Lee rrd-users at dutnux.com
Wed Oct 16 01:16:34 MEST 2002

On 2002.10.15_22:59:22_+0000, Stanley Hopcroft wrote:

> Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

Hi Stanley,

> I am writing to say that I'd hoped to clip data before graphing it with
> something like
>
> CDEF:clipped=x,UpperBound,GT,UpperBound,x,IF,LowerBound,LT,LowerBound,x,IF
>
> (the intent is that clipped is x:  LowerBound <= x <= UpperBound. I
> thought the CDEF would evaluate to
> min(x,UpperBound),LowerBound,LT,LowerBound,x,IF. Perhaps this is what I
> should have done in the first place.)

You might want something like:

CDEF:clipped=x,LowerBound,LE,LowerBound,x,UpperBound,LE,x,UpperBound,IF,IF

I haven't tested it yet, CMIIW. Notice that LE was used instead of LT.

> The pair of CDEFs
>
> CDEF:cliptop=x,UpperBound,GT,UpperBound,x,IF
> CDEF:clipped=cupper,LowerBound,LT,LowerBound,cliptop,IF
>
> work quite happily.

May be you mean:

CDEF:cliptop=x,UpperBound,GE,UpperBound,x,IF
CDEF:clipped=cliptop,LowerBound,LE,LowerBound,cliptop,IF

It improves the readability, IMHO.

--
H. D. Lee