[rrd-users] Re: Using the calendar to choose the start point for a graph

H. D. Lee rrd-users at dutnux.com
Wed Oct 23 16:11:35 MEST 2002

On 2002.10.23_11:49:36_+0000, Henning Markussen wrote:
> Hi!

Hi Henning,

> I was wondering if someone has made it possible to the calendar to choose
> the starting point for a graph.
>
> Let's say I wanted to see the monthly graph for June 2002.
>
> I know that the raw data is in RRD for the month, and I was wondering if
> someone has made a script that would calculate what the starting point
> would be for the monthly graph for June 2002, or for that sake January
> 2002 if the data is there.

Is this what you want?

$ perl -e 'use Time::Local; print timelocal(0,0,0,1,0,1970) . "\n"'

The arguments passed to timelocal are (sec, min, hour, mday, mon, year)
repectively. Please note that sec, min, hour and mon begin with 0. So
month starts with 0 and ends with 11, etc.

--
H. D. Lee