[rrd-users] Re: 2nd legend on the right hand side of the graph

spiegela at birch.net spiegela at birch.net
Mon Oct 28 23:02:28 MET 2002

Funny, I just asked the development list if they had plans to support this.

To answer your question:  No, threre is not support for multiple scalable Y-Axis
in the stable release (not sure if anyone has done anything like this in the CVS).

There are, however, a couple of CDEF tricks that get similiar functionality.

1.) You can color one datasource (or the background) based on the value of
another datasource.  For more info checkout:

http://www.ee.ethz.ch/~slist/rrd-users/msg06212.html
or
http://www.ee.ethz.ch/~slist/rrd-users/msg04663.html

2.) You can turn one stack/area negative:
DEF:def1=/opt/to/rrdfile.rrd:ds1:AVERAGE
CDEF:rev1=def1,-1,*

HTH
Aaron Spiegel