[rrd-users] Re: problem building a particular mrtg.cfg

Gerhard Ecaroh Froehlich gerhard.froehlich at produktion.gis-online.de
Mon Sep 2 10:23:25 MEST 2002

Anup Ray wrote:

> Thank you Dom for your suggestion. Configuration was pkay. I just restarted
> snmpd daemon and it started working okay.
> Anup

And just to add a hint for later production: Solaris snmpdx *likes* to hang
sometimes. And on Solaris 2.6 network speed is reported wrong. If you get
stopping graphs on your machine, try the following:

root at host> /etc/init.d/init.dmi stop
root at host> /etc/init.d/init.snmpdx stop
root at host> /etc/init.d/init.snmpd start
root at host> /etc/init.d/init.dmi start

This helps. Or if you paranoid make an script to run it from cron in the night.
I have to restart it from while to while on my solaris hosts.

	Ecaroh