[rrd-users] Re: rrdtool dump and restore

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Tue Sep 10 10:26:02 MEST 2002

On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 09:33:59PM -0400, Hickey, Brian wrote:

> I'm trying to dump my .rrd files that I created on linux and restore them to
> NT.  I ran rrdtool dump file.rrd > file.xml on Linux then I ran rrdtool
> restore file.xml file.rrd on the NT box.  I didn't get any errors, but my
> graphs show garbage data.

This sounds about right...

Please try the following:

- dump on linux, restore on linux to another file.
- create, dump and restore on nt

Check that both do the right thing.  Also look for differences.
If these commands work, at least you know *you* are doing the
right thing.  If either of the two doesn't work, there may be
a problem with RRDtool.

Version?

cheers,
Alex