[rrd-users] Re: RRD1.1 and number of lines

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Sun Sep 15 22:58:08 MEST 2002

Today Kees Hoekzema wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> Is it possible to have a constant number of y-axis lines?
> I have around 12 servers and want to monitor several aspects of it, and I
> want those graphs to have the same look, kinda like the mrtg system.
>
> I editted the source of rrdtool-2002-08-11 a bit to create a couple of
> graphs, but there must be bugs in the code because sometimes the
> upper-y-axis-line is gone. Is it possible to achieve the same effect with
> the features now available? or do I have to bughunt and try to find out
> where it goed wrong? :)

Hi Kees,

The sample with the missing upper line is not good ... this should
not be ... something is amiss here ... if you can look into it
(ddd) and find why it does not get drawn, this would help ...

Or are the graphs drawn with you mods ? In the normal rrd version
(unmodified) graphs with constant axis are achived with the
--rigid option

tobi

--
/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker, ETZ J97, ETH, 8092 Zurich, Switzerland