[rrd-users] Problem with inserting data / generating graphs

Telmo.G.Reis Telmo.G.Reis at seg-social.pt
Tue Sep 17 18:36:31 MEST 2002

Hi

Got a small problem that I couldn't solve until now.

I have a script that collects one value by day.

The .rrd file was created with this command
$RRDTOOL create $RRDDATA/xpto.rrd --start 943962105 --step 86400
DS:ca:GAUGE:86400:0:U RRA:MAX:0.5:1:365

The .rrd is updated with the command (every day at 19H00M)

$RRDTOOL update $RRDDATA/xpto.rrd $DATE:$VALUE

The graph is generated with this command
$RRDTOOL graph $WWWDIR/xpto.clo.jpg --lower-limit=0 -s -$START -e -$END \
 DEF:ca=$RRDDATA/xpto.rrd:ca:MAX \
 AREA:ca#0634FF \
 AREA:ca#0634FF:"SOME TEXT"

In all of this I get no kind of error but the generated graph is always
empty.
The variable $VALUE is always greater than 0 and $DATE is calculated with a
script tha works fine with a lot of other RRDs

TIA
Telmo Reis