[rrd-users] Re: Problem with inserting data / generating grap hs

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Wed Sep 18 12:17:42 MEST 2002

On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 10:04:47AM +0100, Telmo.G.Reis wrote:

> Hi,
>
> $START and $END are variables defined within the script for generating
> graphs
> and the format -s -$START and -e -$END works perfectly in all my other RRDs.

I see, so this is shorthand for
    "--start end-$START" and "--end now-$END" ?
Didn't know that this worked:)

What remains in that case is to verify your setup.

1) do a "rrdtool dump" and verify the resulting xml file
2) use "rrdtool fetch" with the same start and end time
3) create an image by doing the "rrdtool graph" command
   yourself
4) debug the generated command line, for instance by doing
       echo rrdtool graph .....  >> /tmp/mycommand.txt
       rrdtool graph .....

cheers
Alex