[rrd-users] Re: conversion

Joe Rozzi joe at tormented.org
Wed Sep 25 13:54:55 MEST 2002

I am subtracting it from another value. I have cron running once a day,
keeping the value for the beginning of the day, and the value for the
end of the day. Then I'm doing (new value - old value) / 8 / 1024 / 1024
to get how many megabytes has passed through in that given amount of
time.I was converting the base from 8 to 10, because I thought the value
is in octets, but that was wrong I see. So to get MB do I (new value -
old value) / 8 / 1024 / 1024, or do I just (new value - old value) /
1024 /1024? I'm confused on which it is? Thanks for your inputs, and in
advance, again.

Joe Rozzi