[rrd-users] HELP needed with "rrdtool tune"

Braendle, Juergen Braendle at medianet.freinet.de
Wed Sep 25 15:01:48 MEST 2002

Hi there,

I ran into a performance problem with my SUN monitoring a lot of things with
MRTG and RRD

So now I want to change the update intervall for some data from the default
5 minutes to 10 minutes
The main problem is, that I don't want to loose my old data collected for
about one year.

So my question is: What happens if I do something like this:

--> rrdtool tune filesys.rrd -h TOTAL:120 -h USED:120 -h AVAIL:120

and then only feed data in all 10 minutes instead of 5?

How do I change the "step" value for this rrds or isnt't this nescessary?

The output of rrdtool info filesys.rrd now shows the follwing:
	-> ...
	-> step = 300
	-> ...
	-> ds[TOTAL].minimal_heartbeat = 600
	-> ...

Any help welcome (even a link to a manual ;-) )

JB

                                    \|/
                                    @ @
Jürgen Brändle