[rrd-users] Re: How to monitor a server

Gerhard Ecaroh Froehlich gerhard.froehlich at produktion.gis-online.de
Thu Sep 26 10:51:04 MEST 2002

Hello,

in short: It is possible. On the Win side you have to install snmp service on
NT4 and W2K. On NT4 you have to reinstall the service pack and to copy snmp*.dll
(i do not remember exactly the file name) back cause this one gets destroyed by
installing snmp services. This is described in Knowledge Base. Search there for
snmp.dll and snmp-services if you need additionell help.

For the MRTG site of setup have a look at the documentation on:

<http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/>

As small annotation of my unimportant oppinon: Is is a lot easier to install
MRTG on Linux.

Bye, Ecaroh

--
Gerhard Ecaroh Froehlich, Systemadministrator