[rrd-users] Problems with Gigabit Interface.

mirko.bergmann at degussa.com mirko.bergmann at degussa.com
Mon Sep 30 13:08:44 MEST 2002

 Hi there,

I have some problems monitoring a gigabit interface with rrd. During the
day when througput is less than 100 MBit/s everything looks fine. I
compared the graph with our Network Health monitor from Concord. But at
night when backup jobs start to run the throughput should be much higher.
In Network Health the maximum is up to 400 MBit/s in these hours. But rrd
gets a maximum of 130 MBit/s. I also checked the rrd database to make sure
that I don't have a problem with my graphing scripts. But the database
looks the same.

My database looks like the sample in the tutorial:

DS:input:COUNTER:600:U:U
DS:output:COUNTER:600:U:U
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:600
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:6:700
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:24:775
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:288:797
RRA:MAX:0.5:1:600
RRA:MAX:0.5:6:700
RRA:MAX:0.5:24:775
RRA:MAX:0.5:288:797

Is there a problem with rrd and high deltas?

Any help is welcome

Mirko

its.on
Network Services