[rrd-users] Re: Ecartis command results: appsub rrd-users fisayo at steineng.com 3E8C9B93:2B16.1:eeqhfref

Ketan Patel k2pattu at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 3 23:36:58 MEST 2003

Sure you can have it.
In your rrd file, define 25 DSs (24 per port and 1 for total).
In the script (shell/perl) that you use to collect the data for 24 ports, add values for all 24 ports and make a final string comprised of 26 values (time + 24 ports + total) to update to the rrd file.
cheers
k2
 Fisayo Adeleke <fisayo at steineng.com> wrote:Hi all,

I just joined the rrd users. I have this question ... How do I measure
the aggregate traffic on e.g a 24 port switch. I mean apart from the per
port graph, can I have a single graph that aggregates entire traffic
across the switching box?

Thanks

-fisayo