[rrd-users] RRD and irregular data.

Frank Hooglander Frank.Hooglander at asr.nl
Fri Apr 4 14:04:35 MEST 2003

Dear All,

I'm fairly new at the rddtool, but liking every bit of it.
I'm getting great graphs from my data.

Except that I have two different types of data:
Type 1:  TimeStamp and Response time for a certain transaction  (e.g. N:10
N:11 N:9)
Type 2: TimeStamp and Notification of Failure of a certain transaction
(e.g. N:3 and always N:3) (3 could be 1 or 100 or 10 or whatever, in my
case its 3 :)

Graphing the response time works beautifully, I even got custom X-scaling
to work etc, but my problem is with this irregular data.
I change the heatbeat en step values of the rrd / DS's to match the max
time in between the samples.
I don;t want these samples to be aggregated, e.g. no average's since these
samples indicate downtime and should be Absolute.

Is there a way to get all "in-between" samples using CDEF, and set them to
0, and set the ones that did get into the database to 100, color the 0's
green and the 100's Red ? To indicate uptime /downtime.

Any help / idea's would be appreciated and have a nice weekend.

--

                                               A computer is almost human
                                               except that it does not

 ***********************DISCLAIMER****************************

 Deze e-mail is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde(n).
 Verstrekking aan en gebruik door anderen is niet toegestaan.
 Fortis ASR Verzekeringsgroep N.V. sluit iedere
 aansprakelijkheid uit die voortvloeit uit elektronische
 verzending.

 This e-mail is intended exclusively for the addressee(s),
 and may not be passed on to, or made available for use
 by any person other than the addressee(s).
 Fortis ASR Verzekeringsgroep N.V. rules out any and
 every liability resulting from any electronic transmission.