[rrd-users] Re: moving averages?

Serge Maandag serge.maandag at staff.zeelandnet.nl
Fri Apr 4 15:20:01 MEST 2003

I haven't used the PREV function yet, but I imagine you could do
something like this:

DEF:val=....
CDEF:avg=val,PREV,+,2,/

to make a moving average of the last 2 samples.
Perhaps you can say PREV(<no of steps back>) ?

Than you could do:

avg=val,PREV(1),+,PREV(2),PREV(3),+,.....,60,/

but as I mentioned: I never looked at it.

serge.