[rrd-users] Re: Fw: Re: Question

Thomas Erskine thomas.erskine at sympatico.ca
Mon Apr 7 23:32:05 MEST 2003

At 16:43 2003-04-07, Jeff Rodriguez wrote:
 >So judging from your scripts, it seems you cannot graph multiple DIFFERENT
 >sources from an RRD with: ONE Data Source and one or many RRAs

You can graph multiple DS from one or multiple rrd files.  The RRAs give
you the ability to graph long time-spans without having to store huge
amounts of data.

 >So this is still something I don't understand (been playing with RRDTOOL for
 >a week) Why would you have multiple RRAs?

Usually, you'll have multiple RRAs at decreasing resolutions covering
longer and longer time-spans.

 >Jeff
[snip]

Thomas Erskine <thomas.erskine at sympatico.ca> +1.613.591.8490