[rrd-users] Simple solution to a problem?

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Tue Apr 8 22:48:22 MEST 2003

Hi,

I have been looking for a relative simple way to setup databases,
data gathering and some webpages to build a custom overview.

In it's most simple form I want a simple form to ask for an IP address and
a community name and have it gather all the information for me and setup a
custom graphs and databases.

As this will be a movable tool to help switching engineers to trouble
shoot switching issues I need rather specific options I could not work out
with tools like cricket and cacti.

Is anyone working on such an animal?

Building templates may be a bit harder as it will be done just once but
getting the tool in place to monitor a switch or router should be relative
simple.

I may try to get some time allocated to build such a tool in company time
as it will shorten troubleshooting with a significant amount of time.

But if anyone is allready working on the exact issue It might be better to
bundle our strengths.

Hugo.

    hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/
	    for they are subtle and quick to anger.