[rrd-users] Re: Simple solution to a problem?

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Tue Apr 8 23:41:56 MEST 2003

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Erik de Mare wrote:

> Hugo van der Kooij wrote:

> >I have been looking for a relative simple way to setup databases,
> >data gathering and some webpages to build a custom overview.

> I am working on something like that. I now have a script in perl that
> gathers from a host incomming and outgoing traffic of the interfaces
> that are "up"(OID .1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.7). you can easy add an extra host
> to be monitored, the script wil make an .rrd file and start monitoring.
> It still needs a lot of work. for example wrong data is not checked.
>
> The same you can do with HardDisk(OID .1.3.6.1.2.1.25.2.3.1), Uptime(OID
> .1.3.6.1.2.1.25.1.1.0) or Load(OID .1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.10.1.3) monitoring.

In a switch environment I would like to get some of the other interface
statistics as well. (like ifUCastPkts versus ifInNUCastPkts, ifInDiscards
and ifInErrors)

I'll study the script to see how much it matches our purposes and publish
and additions to it.

Hugo.

    hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/
	    for they are subtle and quick to anger.