[rrd-users] week discrepancy between mrtg and rrd

Hubert Tabug htabug at mydestiny.net
Wed Apr 9 13:02:33 MEST 2003

Greetings list,

    I've been using mailgraph.pl for quite some time, it's based on rrd-tool.
My colleague recently shifted from mrtg to rrd, and is currently using mrtg-
rrd, an mrtg based tool which uses rrd as its back-end. I've noticed that the
weekly tally of rrd is more than 1 week, meaning if I view other ISP sites
with public mrtg graphs of their IPL usage their weekly would display week
13, while my colleagues' graph would display week 14. I've browsed through
the graphs generated by mailgraph.pl and it also has the same results,
meaning my weekly graph is also at week 14. My weekly graph is at week 14,
going to week 15. I checked the site of the owner of the mailgraph.pl, and
his weekly graph also states 14, which makes my configuration ok.
    Now my question is, does rrd really graph or interpret the database and
displays its data 1 week ahead as compared to mrtg graphs? Or is there some
way to make my colleague's or my graph be in sync with the "weekly" graph of
mrtg?
    Maybe a fellow rrd-user could also indicate at what week is his weekly
graph at :D

Thanks,
Hubert