[rrd-users] Problems interpreting the dump of a rrd file

cbatta at tiscali.it cbatta at tiscali.it
Wed Apr 16 17:30:03 MEST 2003

Hi,
I've this problem.
I want to put the data of a rrd DB in a Oracle DB.
These data represent the traffic rate of a router.

The problem is that when I convert the rrd file in a text file: "rrdtool
dump file.rrd > file.txt"
the values that I read in the txt file are smaller than the values that
I can see in the
MRTG graph.

The values that I read in the dump file are in the order of kbps while the
values that I can see in the
graph are in the order of Mbps.

The question is: the values stored in a rrd file are the real value of the
traffic rate or each
value represents something else?

Thank you very much

claudio