[rrd-users] Re: repeating the last value seen

Warnes, Jason SktnHR jason.warnes at saskatoonhealthregion.ca
Wed Apr 16 19:23:21 MEST 2003

I haven't tried this yet, but I think I might have a way.  My solution will
have to be a bit generalized because I'm not sure what environment you're
working with RRDTool in (ie: Perl, shell script, batch files, etc...):
1.  Read with the last update of the RRD occurred with the LAST command.
2.  Using the date which was read in step 1, read the last with the FETCH
command (I think you can use the same start and end time).  Store this value
in a temporary variable.
3.  If you don't have any current data to store in your RRA, store the
temporary variable.

OR - a less sophisticated way if unknown values are zero:
1.  If you don't have any current data to store in your RRA, store 0 (zero).
This is what I do for my Terminal Server usage graphs.

Hope this helps.

Jason...