[rrd-users] Re: simple issues

Andrew Culver aculver at uwo.ca
Tue Aug 5 15:37:28 MEST 2003

Hunter,

Sorry for the delay in the reply. It was a long weekend here, so I was out
of the office for 3 days.

The scale is actually correct, but it is showing the change per second (not
per 5 minutes as I assume you are expecting). To get the range you want,
multiply by 60 to get change per minute or by 300 (or whatever your step
value is) to get change per 5 minutes. I think leaving it as per-second or
using per-minute is more meaningful than per-5-minutes, but the choice is
yours. Using a --vertical-label to indicate what is being graphed also
helps.

Andrew