[rrd-users] Re: RRA:MAX not acting like I thought when "multiple updates in a single step"

Jean-Francois Patenaude jf.patenaude at bell.ca
Tue Aug 12 15:07:19 MEST 2003

> Having a step size of 60 and storing one PDP per CDP uses the same amount
> of bytes compared to step size 1 and 60 PDPs per CDP.

Ohhh, you are absolutely right.  The size of the datafile is determined
by the number of rows of the RRA.

And since I will stick to the same ratio (PDP vs CDP) I will be able to
keep all my old datafiles !   I'll just need to modify the XML file to
put my new step/pdp_per_row values.

Even simplier to maintain than patching the source code !

Jf.