[rrd-users] Can you add more DS "Data Sources" to an already existing rrd database?

Good, Steve sngdco at rit.edu
Thu Dec 4 15:46:06 MET 2003

I am just starting to use RRD, and getting away from MRTG.  The
documentation for the RDD is good.  I was able to quickly use the tool.

Lets say I am setting up an RRD for the temperature of 8 routers.  I
know I can use the resize to grow or shrink the size, and I can use tune
to change some of the values.

What I am trying to find, is if I add more routers to my environment and
wish to also record their temperature, is there a way to add additional
"DS" entries to the rrd?

The only thing I could think of was to create the rrd, with some dummy
names, and rename them later when I add more routers.

Thanks,

Steve

Steven Good
Senior Network Administrator          Direct Phone: 585-475-2702
RIT ITS/Technical Support Services    ITS Helpdesk: 585-475-4357
103 Lomb Memorial Drive
Rochester, New York 14623-5608        Email: steven at mail.rit.edu

RIT Main URL: http://www.rit.edu
Network  URL: http://www.rit.edu/network